by Akshit Rajput
The medieval period lasted for about 1,000 years from eighth century to the eighteen century or between AD 700 and AD 1750.
Some Feature of the medieval period
1) The medieval period is divided into early medieval period and later medieval period. The early medieval period lasted from eighth century to the middle of the thirteen centuries.
2) Foreign cultures began to influence India.
3) Many sources to reconstruct history-archaeological, epigraphic, numismatics and literary were available to us now.
MAJOR HISTORICAL TRENDS
1) old and new religions
2) A composite culture
3) Stable Peace
4) Sufism and the bhakti Movement
5) Social, Economic and Political changes
6) Rise of the British power